Senator Shealy Introduces Resolution in South Carolina
Senator Shealy introduced a resolution through the Committee on Medical Affairs to designate Thursday, April 4, 2013 as Organ Donor Registration Day in South Carolina. Now officially adopted, the bill expresses the South Carolina General Assembly’s and the State of South Carolina’s support for organ, eye, and tissue donation throughout the state.
This resolution was brought forward for the following reasons:
- More than 117,000 people are waiting for an organ transplant.
- More than 18 people die every day while waiting for an organ transplant.
- One Donor can save up to eight lives.
- People of any age, race and ethnicity can save and enhance lives by donating their organs, eyes and tissues.
A copy of this resolution was forwarded to Donate Life South Carolina.
RELATED NEWS STORIES
- October 13, 2013 — EODD, article on Council of Europe. European Organ Donation Day is about helping member states to promote organ donation and transplantation and to mobilise hospitals and professionals on the identification of potential donors.
- SC Senator Proposes April 4 be named Organ Donor Registration Day, WSPA.com
- Carolina Donor Services — www.carolinadonorservices.org
- Donate Life in South Carolina — www.donatelifesc.org
- Becoming a Donor in your State — www.organdonor.gov
- Organizations Related to Donation and Transplantation — www.organdonor.gov
April is National Donate Life Month
It’s a reminder that you have the opportunity to give a precious gift to others.
Online Donor Registration — Register Now!