Belzer UW® Cold Storage Solution / Belzer MPS® UW Machine Perfusion Solution / VitaSmart® liver and kidney perfusion machine/VitaSmart® disposable sets/cannulae
Bridge to Life would like to communicate with you how we are ensuring an uninterrupted supply of Belzer UW® Cold Storage Solution, Belzer MPS® UW Machine Perfusion Solution, VitaSmart® perfusion machine and disposables, and cannulae in the wake of the COVID-19 disease outbreak.
We have carefully reviewed our current inventory position and supply chain capabilities and can assure you of the following:
- Belzer UW® and MPS solutions are being manufactured as normal and we expect no disruption in the short term.
- Our Belzer UW® manufacturing facility has a minimum of a 6-month supply of the ingredients to continue to manufacture solutions at normal production levels.
- Additional items used in the solutions manufacturing process such as bags and containers, sterile wipes, gloves, gowns and other support material are stocked for least 3-4 months production.
- Our solutions supply chain is strong and is continuing to purchase the necessary ingredients and supplies at normal production levels.
- Much of our manufacturing process is automated and as such we do not project having any critical personnel staff shortages.
- Our VitaSmart® machine perfusion devices are manufactured in Northern Italy and may be subject to supply delays. We do hold some stock outside of Italy so there is no immediate shortage.
- Our cannulae are made in the EU and stock is low currently. New production and delivery are planned for the end of March, subject to the virus not causing further delay.
We are continuously monitoring the COVID-19 situation, our customer’s order patterns, our raw material and final goods inventory, and our supply capability, and will inform you of any unexpected changes.
Please feel free to contact Bridge to Life or your representative with any questions or concerns. If you experience any potential changes in your transplant practice, or if you are planning any changes in your usual solutions ordering pattern, please contact us.
Thank you for your time and the opportunity to be your valued partner.
General Manager Bridge to Life (Europe) Ltd
Bridge to Life – Your trusted solutions supplier.